Full-stack engineer, entrepreneur, travel addict, and foodie.
I have a passion for problem solving. I use technology to develop better/new solutions to problems that interest me. I love to travel the world, explore new places, and discover new food. I’ve been working remote for most of my life. During the past couple of years I’ve spent most of my time traveling around Asia, including Japan, Vietnam, Korea, Hong Kong, and now most recently Taiwan. You can find me online at:
I use a MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018) running macOS Catalina (Version 10.15.7). It gets the job done, but I’ve also had quite a lot of repairs. See my My MacBook Pro had over 10,000 USD in repairs blog post.
For Windows-only development work (and the occasional game) I use Parallels on macOS to run both Windows 10 and 11 (for testing). I’ll also occasionally install a version of Windows 7 when I need to test installers or drivers.
For Linux-only development and testing I use VirtualBox running various distros depending what I need to test. Usually a combination of Ubuntu, Fedora, or CentOS.
I tend to use services that work across multiple platforms and operating systems (desktop, web, and mobile). This helps avoid lock-in, making sure I can easily switch between devices and operating systems as I wish.
- Dropbox - Long time Dropbox user for all my storage
- NordVPN - My go-to VPN provider
- 1Password - My favorite password manager
- Simplenote - Simple cross-platform notes
- Spark - A great cross-platform email client
- TickTick - An awesome cross-platform task manager
- Witch - Replacement app switcher for macOS
- Amphetamine - Keep-awake utility for macOS
- Rectangle - Move and resize windows in macOS
- Parallels - High performance virtual machines on macOS
Dev & Infrastructure
- Google Workspace